Management of your personal information
- Settlers Holdings Pty Ltd (trading as Settlers Liquor Store) is committed to the proper management of your personal information in line with our obligations under the Australian privacy laws.
- To offer the goods and services we provide in our business we need to collect your personal information. Personal information is defined as information that can identify you in some way.
- This policy sets out how we collect and use personal information including:
- how we collect and protect your information;
- how we use your information;
- disclosure of information;
- our compliance with direct marketing and spam laws;
- offshore disclosure of information; and
- how you can correct information or complain about our use of your personal information.
- The 13 Australian Privacy Principles can be found at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-resources/privacy-fact-sheets/other/privacy-fact-sheet-17-australian-privacy-principles
- We will only collect information in accordance with the law and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Collecting and looking after your information
- We only collect personal information with your consent, and which is necessary for our business.
- We collect this information so we can deliver our goods and services to you, carry on our business and provide you with anything else you might require.
- Upon placing an order with us for products to be shipped or by joining our membership programme we will collect from you: your name, email contact, phone number, address, and your credit card details if you select that payment method.
- When you visit our website we may automatically collect information about: your computer’s operating system; your computer’s browser type and capability, your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) Address and geolocation; pages visited on our site, including how you were referred to each page; and web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page.
- We will not identify users or their browsing activities except where we are compelled to by law or in accordance with our website Terms and Conditions (if applicable).
Use of your personal information
- We use your personal information for the purpose of carrying on our business as a liquor retailer including securing payment for and delivering your orders and any other related activities that you may expect from us.
- We also use that information, or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use the information or where permitted by law.
- We use the sort of information collected from your computer (mentioned in point 4 of ‘Collecting and looking after your information’) for the purposes of managing our website, improving our business and ultimately delivering better results for our customers.
- Use of your information will only be made in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 6.
Disclosure of your personal information
- If we do disclose your personal information it will only be for the primary purpose for which it was collected or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us disclose the information.
- We may disclose your personal information in any other way that is required or authorised by you or the law.
- We may disclose your personal information, with consent, for the purpose of carrying on our business as a liquor retailer and any other related activities that you may expect from us.
- Typical situations where your consent will be implied include, but are not limited to disclosure to third parties that provide services such as our payment gateway, marketing, logistics, shippping and technology support which are required to fulfil a transaction.
- In addition, disclosure of your information will only be made in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 6.
Direct marketing and spam
- We will only use your information for direct marketing (advertising, special offers, updates etc) if you have given express or implied consent to receive it.
- We will only ever send you direct marketing communications that are consistent with our obligations under Australian Privacy Principle 7 and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
- We will always make it clear and simple to opt out of these communications and will respond to an opt-out request within 5 business days.
- Where an offshore disclosure is made it is always in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principle, particularly Australian Privacy Principle 1 and 8.
Your rights to correct or complain
- We are only allowed to keep your personal information if it is correct.
- At any time you can contact us and seek access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you.
- We are contactable by email at email@example.com or write to us at Settlers Liquor Store, 1/1 Charles West Avenue, Margaret River Western Australia 6285
- If you wish to complain about a breach of your rights under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) please contact us on the email and postal addresses above providing details of your complaint in writing.
- We will respond to any complaint within 30 days. If you aren’t happy with our response you can complain directly to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint
- If you have any questions about privacy, your personal information, direct marketing, spam or our obligations or this policy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org